Sunday, December 18, 2005

I LOVE CHRISTMAS...THIS YEAR!!!

I love Christmas...don't get me wrong...but this year I am enjoying every minute of the season. I'm not sure exactly why.

I don't feel the stress of shopping, wrapping, cards, etc. None of it is done...but I don't care.

I am enjoying the season and the time that I am spending with others. Here are some highlights:

A trip to tower city with Ally and 5 of her friends. They walked around tower city with their $1 crowns and gave them away to any little girl that wanted to also be a princess. (this happened in Panera over dinner)

Singing carols in the train all the way home. We had complete strangers and even the driver singing songs about our saviour.

Making stained glass candy with my girls. This is something that I did when I was little.

Buying candy for some mentally retarded boys in walmart who were shopping for their moms.

Coffee with friends at Arabica.

Calling my grandmother for hints on some of her traditional recipes.

Watching 80 children sing last Sunday at church.

Watching my children hide their homemade gifts under the tree that they picked out for me.
(i wonder if I will get another eagle necklace?)

Speaking to 80 women about Christ in Athens and having 4 generations of women in my family there to listen.

Taking communion with my ailing grandmother for the first time.


Notice none of this involves shopping or spending money...it's about time with people I love.

I don't know what has come over me. Maybe it's hormones...but I think it is really realizing the true meaning of this holiday.

I love Christmas...and it's only the 18th.

Hope you are finding the real reason for the season.

No comments: