Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Meet Grady


Many of you know by now that we had to put our dog down a few weeks. I won't go into the details...too sad...but just know that Wally sat with him until the end. I am not sure I could have done that...but it says alot about Wally's character that he didn't want Cody to be alone. Cody was very attached to me...so I do miss him. I miss the way he was always excited to see us when we came home. I miss the way he would always lay down with me for our three o'clock rest. I miss him coming up to me and nudging my hand until I rubbes his head.


Cody made us realize how much we loved having a dog around. I went away on a retreat last weekend and I received a call that we had an "appointment" to look at a dog when I returned. The key word is "look". When you have children...you never go and just look...you come home with a dog.



Well...we have adopted an adorable little dog. He is a mix of a maltese and poodle. A malti-poo.


He fits into build a bear clothes...so he has a fabulous wardrobe.


So...meet Grady.

1 comment:

Very Blessed... said...

So sorry to hear about Cody. :-( Dogs are a very special addition to a family. Congrats on the new dog. Isn't God great the way he made such an amazing animal. Dogs unconditional love - reminds me of Gods love for us.

And yes, you NEVER just go "look" at a dog without coming home with it. Who can resist those gorgeous big brown eyes :-)

Ruth