Sunday, January 17, 2010

WHERE IS CAMILLA?

I love the fact that I am beginning to truly recognize God's voice. I love it when He speaks to me. I love it when He makes His desires clear.

Today as Wally and I were driving to church, we were talking about the Haiti situation. The helpless feeling we have of not being able to physically go and help. I know we can give money...but sometimes you just want to be there. To hug a neck, to pray with a parent, to love on an orphan.

My daughter Ashley has truly opened our eyes to the plight of orphans and what the scriptures call us to do. She truly desires to adopt an international orphan someday. I know that in years to come, my grandchildren will be from different countries. They will have different skin colors, but one God.

I suggested to Wally, in jest, that we should look into adopting a child from Haiti. Expecting the look that I normally get when I bring up what could be an outrageous idea...it wasn't there. Hmmm...is God working here?

Then...a name suddenly popped in my head...Camilla. Really...no joke!

I thought...who is Camilla? Is she someone who is suffering in Haiti? Will she be a future compassion child that we sponsor. Is she someone who is looking for a loved one lost in the earthquake? Could she someday be part of our family?

I don't know who she is...all that I know is that her name is engraved on my heart.

Someday...I hope He speaks to me again. Someday...I hope He introduces me to Camilla!

2 comments:

Alene said...

Tears! You touch me so. I can't wait to hear about Camilla too. Blessings friend.

Angie Marino Smith said...

awesome Joy-what a beautiful post...I'll start praying for Camilla too whoever & wherever she is...