Monday, January 23, 2006

Why a Daughter Needs Her Dad

I found this on www.955thefish.com

I loved it...I hope you do too.

Why A Daughter Needs Her DadWritten by: M. Carr


As my father sees me, so shall I.As a daughter, all my self-worth comes from how much my father values me. The amount of affection he pays me as a child is what I will expect from a mate. The respect he shows my mother, will be what I will tolerate from a husband. The time invested in me as a child, will equal the amount of time I invest in him during his "golden" years. How he sees me in his eyes, is how I will see myself. A little girl becomes exactly what her father says she is. In short, I will be the product of what you do and say around me, to me, and to others. No compliment or blessing is any higher than that of my daddy's. In short, how you see me, is how I will be. The least little comment, especially negative, I will take to heart. You think the sun will rise and set with me, but without you I have no world. You are my daddy--and little girl's NEED their daddy's.

1 comment:

Angie Marino Smith said...

thanks for your comments on my blog Joy. I'll call you next week to chat, I'd love to hear about that organization...