Thursday, May 22, 2008

REFLECTION

As I was driving to work today I heard the sad news about the tragic death of Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter. My heart goes out to this family and especially to the teenage son who was driving. Sometimes life doesn't make sense to me. I know that this beautiful young girl is with Jesus...but I have a heavy burden for this young man. I am so glad that I was teaching at CVCA today and my first period class prayed for this family. It makes one think of the important things in life. Yes...last night a life was changed on American Idol...but lives were changed in the Chapman home hours earlier. Yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of the death of my grandmother. Our lives have never been the same. Lives have been changed in positive ways and relationships have been changed in negative ways as well.

I don't have the answers. I really have no words to say that could comfort anyone going through a difficult time. I cling to the fact that "I don't know what the future holds...but I do know who holds the future."

No comments: