Saturday, May 31, 2008

SUMMER PARENTING

I have already realized that this summer is going to be different. As our children become older it seems their social life changes. They are old enough to be able to ride their bikes more places, they are invited to many social events and they are old enough to become a little more independant. This scares me. How do I give them more freedom without constantly worrying about what they are doing. I was really fretting over this today and an idea came to me. Wally and I have decided to sit down with each child and prepare a summer contract. It will state what they are allowed to do and what activites are off limits. In other words...don't even ask to go there. It will also state consequences. I hope this works. I pray that this eliminates the famous saying "I didn't know I couldn't do that...or you never said I couldn't go there." Pray for us...really I mean pray for us...parenting isn't easy.

No comments: