Sunday, August 30, 2009

I AM THAT WOMAN!!!

Today in church I looked down at my bulletin and I could not see a thing. It was blurry. I held the bulletin closer and still blurry. Then I held it out at arm's length...and it was clear. I almost chuckled out loud when it hit me...I am that woman. You know her. The one who has to hold everything at arm's length in order to see. The one who has to remove her glasses so she can read. The one who is always looking for her "readers". I wondered when the time would come that I would need others to hold my menu across the table so I could see it. Don't get me wrong. I am excited about shopping for cute reading glasses.

I need to embrace the changes that come our way as we age. It made me think of other things that have changed in my forties. I can't stay awake as long as I use to. I enjoy watching the news more. I think a little more about saving for retirement. Of course...other changes I won't mention except to say "I hate hot flashes in the summer."

I realize that with age also comes maturity. (hopefully) I know that I make better decisions than I did when I was younger. I think that I may be a little more patient with others. I know that I am not as spontaneous and make less hasty decisions. I know that I find myself seeing things in light of eternity and not in the "now." I know that I love the Lord more than I did.

Some things became clearer to me today...even my church bulletin.

No comments: