Saturday, February 06, 2010

YOU CAN'T OUT GIVE, OUT SERVE OR OUR DREAM GOD!

Three weeks from today I will be in Italy! I still can't believe it. I am so excited and a little nervous. I hope Italian airports have English signs? But I have nothing to fear...because I know God's hands are in this.

Several months ago I looked at my speaking calendar for 2010 and it was blank. I couldn't understand why God would give me this desire to speak and not the opportunities. I wasn't just sitting around waiting either. I was making contacts, I was making connections and I was doing anything I could to "expand my territory."

I had really come to a realization that maybe God had something else He wanted me to do. Maybe this was a season of preparation, maybe a season of writing...I did not know.

I cried out to God one day as I drove around. I cried out asking that He make it clear what He wanted from me. I also prayed a selfish prayer..."God...please let me speak again!" God began to ask me why I wanted to speak. Was it for me or Him? ouch! I spent time searching my motives and truly seeking Him. I asked God again..."Please let me speak again!" I will go anywhere God...I will speak for two people...just send me!

December 19th I received an email to speak. December 19th I received a phone call asking me to speak. One was 30 minutes from my home...one was Italy! Italy? Did I read the correct. I asked for something small and close...He gave me Italy. Never in my wildest dreams would I have even thought to ask God to send me to ITALY!

I realized that day three things....God's dreams for me are bigger than mine. I realized that there is nothing I can do to repay the debt that He paid for me. I realized that I will never be able to impact and serve others the way He did.

I am so thankful that I serve a God that I can never out ive, out serve or out dream!

No comments: