Monday, September 12, 2005

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!

I am so excited...tonight I am heading back to school. After taking a year off, I am heading back to seminary. The backpack is packed...the dinner is packed (3 1/2 hr class) and I am so excited.

I was thinking back to the first night of my first class. I remember walking in an feeling intimidated by the size of the group. There were 6 women and about 20 men. The professor walked in and made everyone introduce themself and what type of ministry they were a part of. They began to explain how they were the Pastor of this and the Director of that and then it was my turn. I said "My name is Joy and I am the mother of 4 and I'm not sure why I am here, but I know God has a plan." Little did I know what would lie ahead. He did have a plan and I am so thankful that he knew what was best.

This will be my 5th class. Only 11 more to go. I look forward to seeing some old friends and making some new. The class is called "Discipleship in the Local Church" and according to the syllabus, we will be discussing the postmodern church tonight.

I will let post updates.

1 comment:

Angie Marino Smith said...

Joy, I am so proud of you. To be doing all that you are doing & yet still have school on your agenda amazes me...! I will keep you in my prayers as you journey back to the school desk...love, Angie