Monday, September 05, 2005

Greetings from Chicago!!

We were fortunate to have the opportunity to spend labor day weekend in Chicago with Wally's family. Wally's dad suffers from Parkinson's Disease. I believe that he looks the best that I have ever seem him look. His spirits are good and many of the complications of Parkinson's Disease have subsided. He is currently in a therapy center and hopes to come home next week.

We took the children to visit him when we first arrived and he enjoyed listening to Alex's stand up comedy act. Why is the youngest child always the comedian? Maybe when you are the youngest of four...you have to find creative ways to get attention.

One of the highlights of the weekend was the opportunity to visit Willowcreek and observe their children's program. WOW!!! First of all, it took me awhile to find where I was suppose to be. The place is bigger then Ashley's college campus. Once I found the class, I sat in the back and wrote notes in the dark. I can sum up the experience in one word "EXCELLENCE". Everything was done with excellence! It made me realize that no matter what size we are as a church...we can all strive for excellence in the way we minister.
I was impressed with their treatment of visitors. They have a special room with wonderful coffee and delicious cookies. Any church...any size could do this.

Our sunday ended with a chance to visit IKEA. (Also bigger then Ashley's college) I loved this store!!

Our wonderful weekend is about to come to an end. We will be leaving soon to drop Ashley off at college and then we return to Twinsburg. Hopefully we will be able to share an early dinner with Allison Schuck before heading home.

I hope this weekend has meant as much to my family as it has to me. Family is precious and I hope we have many more opportunities to build lasting memories.

No comments: