Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Breakfast of Champions

Wally and I have a routine that works well for us each morning. While I am showering and laying out the boys clothes, he fixes them breakfast. This morning, the Lord woke me early for some much needed quiet time and prayer. I decided that I would fix the boy's breakfast this morning. When Alex arrived to the table...he was in tears. I messed up the routine and he wanted to have his usual breakfast with Daddy. Wally came to the table and a smile returned to Alex' face. I decided to join them just to see what went on during this special time. Basically, they both ate quietly and every once in awhile would exchange a grin. Alex would ask Wally questions and Wally would respond. I also noticed that Alex would copy everything Wally did. Each time Wally took a bite...alex took a bite and so on. I realized that this was a special time for Alex. It wasn't about wonderful conversation or the need to answer thought provoking questions. It was about being with Dad and learning to become like Dad.

I am glad that they have this relationship. I now ask myself...maybe Wally should fix all the meals.

No comments: