Sunday, April 30, 2006

His Word Will Never Return Void

I am not sure if I quoted that scripture correctly...but I was reminded of this a couple of times recently.

Everytime I speak to young girls about purity and modesty I always wonder "are they listening...are they getting it?" I have been affirmed a couple of times recently that some "are getting it."

One mother shared with me that she was taking her daughter school shopping and her daughter was very careful of which clothes she selected. She explained to her mom that it is important that she doesn't show too much skin since boys will begin to "fill in the blanks."

Friday night I was driving my daughter's friends around on their kidnapping. One gal, who is very petite, made herself a dress out of masking tape on top of her clothes. I wish I had taken a picture. We were joking with her about her new outfit and she reminded us that it was "modest" based on everything that I had taught them. It was good to hear them retiterate what they had learned.

It is nothing that I have done...it is what God has done through me.

I am winding down my job at Hope and I am starting to begin a new season. My prayer is that the Lord brings speaking events to me. Right now I have 4 more this year and two more potential opportunities.

I am so excited to begin this new journey.

Pray for me.

Joy

No comments: