Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Big Step of Faith

I have been asked to submit a speaker's proposal to an organization. If I am approved, I would have the opportunity to speak to about 1500 people.

This would be a huge step out of my comfort zone. So far, my biggest audience has been about 300.

I debated about whether or not I should even submit my packet. I keep hearing little voices saying "you're not good enough". So after seeking some wise counsel, I have decided to submit my packet and let them be the judge of whether I am suitable or not.

The packet is due this Tuesday. I will keep you posted.

As I was fretting over this decision, I was reminded of a devotional that I read a few weeks ago.

It was based on the story in the Bible when Jesus drove the demons out of a man and into the pigs. People were so "afraid" of what Jesus could do and his power that they asked him to leave.

I am in awe of how God is working in my life and sometimes I am a little afraid...but I don't want to be so afraid of his awesome power that I "ask him to stop."

I love it when he speaks to me and when he asks me to do things that are "big" in my human eyes. I don't care if I am found to be good...I just want to be faithful.

My days at work are winding down and I have no second thoughts.

I can't wait to have an unscheduled summer.

Joy

1 comment:

Angie Marino Smith said...

I am glad that you didnt listen to those bad bad voices...Joy, you are amazing at speaking and making the audience really relate! I love how you are so natural up there in front of people and how you use humor to connect and relax them! I am sooooo excited for you! And yes, I will make sure that you are my "seat warmer" at the Oscars(maybe you can even be my date)
Miss you guys! Tell the family that we said hello!