Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year from the Trachsel family. The first day of 2007 was a day of relaxation and rest. We had a New Year's Eve Party at our house last night. My mom and sister were in town, we had about 11 college students and Austin and Alex had a friend over. I was excited that I actually stayed awake. The kids and I counted down the last 10 seconds, celebrated with sparkling juice and Alex did our traditional "beating of the pans at midnight." We have done this since I was a little girl.

Today I allowed everyone to pick their favorite dinner and we had a smorgasbord. We had everything from pasta to steak. Today our children received a "New Year's Day" present. I took a picture of them participating in their favorite sport and had it enlarged and framed. On the picture I had the following scripture placed on the picture. "This is my son (child) whom I love, with whom I am well pleased."

I think they liked it. I told them this was to remind them of how much they're loved and how well God is with them when they use their gifts.

I hope 2007 brings everyone much joy and happiness.

1 comment:

Angie Marino Smith said...

what a great idea(not the banging of the pans-okay what's that about?)but the idea of the picture gift...I might steal that from you when my kids get bigger...hope all is well!