Wednesday, January 17, 2007

RED HAT LADIES

Yesterday I spoke in Mentor at a luncheon. Several times I started to cancel due to the weather. I was driving on 271 and was scared to death. I hate traveling on highways when it is icy and snowy. I actually found myself getting mad for agreeing to speak. I arrived at the luncheon late and to say my heart wasn't in it ...would be putting it mildly. The Lord grabbed ahold of my heart and reminded me that it wasn't about me...it was about Him. I was able to share the Gospel that day with 60+ women. It turned into a great day. Through this event...I was able to book possibly another 4 speaking engagements. One is with the "Red Hat Ladies" in April. I am excited. It is a mother and daughter event, so there will be women/girls there of all ages.

I also met a lady who wants me to be part of an outreach event for girls and teens. I was moved by her story. She is a one year ovarian cancer survivor and wants to do this. She feels motivated to do this now because of her illness. Pray for her. She is only in her forties and is a mother. I am speaking again tomorrow in mansfield. I can't wait to see what God has in store.

No comments: