Wednesday, September 12, 2007

GOD IS SO GOOD

Have you ever prayed for something and God went above and beyond what you asked? I hope the answer is yes. I have been praying for my son Austin that he would get involved in a local youth group. We wanted him to be involved with other kids his age. There is a youth group nearby that averages about 150 junior high kids each week. He actually asked me on Monday if he could go. I took him and a friend last night and I was blown away. When they got in the car they were so excited. They want to go on the fall retreat, they want to go to Cedar Point this weekend and get this...they want to try out for the worship band. Austin doesn't even play an instrument!!!!He took guitar lessons (4 lessons) 2 years ago. I said sure...do it! So...we have 2 weeks to prepare him for his audition. I wasn't about to stop his dream!! He said he was going to even tell a friend at school about the youth group and see if he wants to audition. I loved their enthusiasm and their fearless attitude. On another music note...he is getting together with 2 friends Friday to start a garage band. (not my garage)
God is so good and faithful.

1 comment:

churchlaunch said...

Dude, that's so cool!

Franklin Choate gives guitar lessons...