Sunday, September 09, 2007

IT WAS LIKE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

Today was my first official Sunday at Catalyst. Today was my first official day to unlock the door and prepare the125 for Sunday morning. Last night reminded me of preparing for the first day of school. I was a little nervous, I laid out my supplies and even decided what to wear. I was so excited about meeting new people and the volunteers at Catalyst.

I have to say that I was blown away!!!I met with the children's staff and I have never experienced such a commitment from volunteers. The fact that they sacrifice 2 weeks of worship and even arrive at church one hour early to serve. They were all on time and ready to go. I love the fact that the standard has been set early for this church plant. The bar has been set high and a great example is in place for future volunteers. You don't know how important this is to a leader to see people who really want to serve!!!!!

I am so excited about what God as in store for Catalyst. I know that He is pleased with the faithfulness of the Catalyst volunteers and He will bless their efforts.

I left today energized and exhausted. My family allowed me to take a 2 hour nap.

Next week will be even better.

1 comment:

kiwimanno said...

I'm so excited to have you on the team! Today was a BLAST - you're right, our volunteers rock.