Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Moving ahead on my book

I haven't been called to teach in 2 days so I am trying to use this down time to work on some other projects. One of them is my book. I have finished the writing and the editing so the next step is putting it into the proper format to submit to a publisher. I have to actually put it into a book form and sketch suggestions for illustrations. Every time I go to work on this I actually begin to feel discouraged. I am constantly told how hard it is to get a children's book published. I have to keep reminding myself that I serve a big God and if this is His idea...it will happen. I have also been asked to contribute small devotionals for another book that my friend has written on purity. We have met twice and are moving full swing ahead. I am excited about the creative approach that we are taking for the devotions. It is actually like I am having a conversation with the writer. We are calling them "pop-ups" because they appear in unexpected places within the book. I am also trying to increase my speaking engagements. Lots of exciting things are happening.

No comments: