Wednesday, January 23, 2008

BLESSED BY A FIVE YEAR OLD

I have gotten into a really bad habit. When I come home from teaching I lay down and take a nap. The other day I was resting and I heard a noise outside. It sounded like someone was shoveling the 3 inches of snow from our driveway. Wally was working from home so I just assumed that it was him. A few minutes later the doorbell rang and it was my five year old neighbor. He said "I shoveled your driveway." I thought he was kidding...HE WASN'T. This little five year boy shoveled over half of our driveway and sidewalk. He did an incredible job. I was speechless. His mom said he just decided on his own to come and do this for us. I was blown away by his servant's heart, by his dedication to finish a job and his ability. He blessed me more then he'll ever know. I am going to do a little something for him. One more thing...this darling little boy was recently diagnosed with mild autism. I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

No comments: