Tuesday, June 24, 2008

THE DISNEY EXPERIENCE

I was watching the news the other day and there was a story about how the airline industry is sending their employees to a disney training program to help improve customer service. Disney is known for their attention to detail and goes the extra mile to make it a great experience for families. The statement was made that "one negative employee can ruin the disney experience for a family." That is why they are so intentional on training their employees. I thought about a similar experience at a church. A church may have all the bells and whistles but if they don't love on their people are they creating a bad experience. If they are judgmental are they creating a bad experience. I remember one time feeling judged by a church and it took me awhile before I wanted to go back. I didn't feel loved. I have visisted large churches where not one person greeted me or said hello. Could a bad experience cause someone not to want to come to the place where they will hear the good news of Jesus?

No comments: