Saturday, March 28, 2009

FINDING MY HERO

As I continue to recruit people to volunteer with children, the word hero keeps going through my mind. Kids needs a hero and that hero is Jesus. I want them to be some child's hero. The one that shares Christ with them.

It made me realize who my hero was. I was six years old and I believe her name was Marilyn. She was my VBS teacher and she told me about Jesus in terms that a six year old could understand. That day I gave my six year old heart to Jesus. She was the hero that lead me to Jesus.

I feel compelled to try and find her today and tell her thank you. I will blog about my journey as I try to track her down. Who was the hero that lead you to Christ? Have you told them thank you? Join me in this journey. Share with me as you find the one who introduced you to our greatest hero.

Gotta go...I have some investigating to do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you...

My name is Ana and I recently created a blog for christian everyday moms called EVERYDAY M.MOMS, I would appreciate if you could come and visit us sometime.

Here's our link http://everydaymmoms.blogspot.com/

Happy weekend,

Ana~

Alene said...

Are you still investiating? Just popping in to say "HI".

Ash said...

You need to update, mom!! Love ya!