Tuesday, March 24, 2009

VIRTUE VAN

There’s a fun game show on television called cash cab. A person enters a cab thinking they will be receiving a ride from point a to point b but are surprised when they realize they have an opportunity to earn money on the trip. The driver asks them questions as they drive and if answered correctly the cash value goes up and up. The other day I was driving my son and his friend home and we began talking about a popular singing artist. We talked about the lyrics of her song and whether or not it was appropriate. Let’s just say we had differing views. I listened to this young man as he justified why this song was “good” . He supported his opinion with the ways of the world. I was able to support by opinion with scripture. Our conversations lead to an opportunity for me to share some Biblical truths with this young man. We laughed that he had just taken a ride in the “Virtue Van” instead of the “cash cab”. It made me realize a few things. First, we need to take advantage of every opportunity to share the love of Christ with someone. Secondly, we need to always be prepared to share and support what we believe. Scripture tells us that we always need to be ready “to give an account.” Are you seizing every opportunity to share Christ? Are you being creative in finding ways to begin a spiritual conversation? I have a new appreciation for the many hours that I spend carpooling. Pray for me as I awake each day and start the engine to the “virtue van”.

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to share with others throughout our day. May we never become too busy to stop and proclaim who you are. Prepare each one of us to represent you in our every day lives.
Amen.

No comments: