Sunday, May 10, 2009

FEELING DEFEATED

Today I was driving to church and I had a heavy heart. For those of you who know me well know that I am PASSIONATE about teaching young girls about modesty. For many reasons this is near and dear to my heart. I am saddened by the way our young girls feel that they need to dress. Ways that I feel also sadden the One who created them. I guess this always hits home when I see the many many prom pictures that are posted on social network sights. My heart goes out to not only the girls but to the guys. Guys who are trying to live a pure life but struggle with this when girls are scantly dressed. I have heard many girls say "that's their problem...they shouldn't be thinking those thoughts." I don't think girls truly understand the mind of a young man. For those who profess to be followers of God's Word He makes it very clear that we are "not to cause our brother to stumble." My heart was heavy today as I truly felt that satan is winning in this area. I don't like to lose and I don't like it when, as someone in ministry, feels defeated. Tears came down my face as I prayed for our young girls. I prayed that they would see the importance of living a modest and pure life.

If I could talk to each one of those girls here is what I would say:

1) God created you in a unique and wonderful way. Turn off the world and tune in to Him.

2) I would challenge them that if they are walking the walk...they need to dress the walk. What you wear on the outer self can sometimes detract or often represent the inner self.

3) If God has called you someday to be a wife then that means your husband is out there somewhere. Protect what is meant for him...not the eyes of others. As Dannah Gresh says "be a secretkeeper".

Today I was praying to God and asking him to "show up today in a large way." I asked that He affirm the call that He has placed on my life and reveal Himself to me.

I left church the same way I entered..defeated. Defeated by situations and people. The intent of this post is not to host a "pity party" but to just lay it out there and say...there is a battle. As scripture says..."the battle is not against flesh and blood..." I need to equip myself a little better for battle. I need to be in the Word more and on my knees more.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Your post is so very true! It breaks my heart to see how lost the young generation tends to be. As an Aunt of 17 ranging in age from 36 to 13 my heart breaks for the world they are growing up in. There seems to be very few young people today with a moral compass pointing towards God. We definitely need revival if this younger generation is going to make it!

God bless you in your ministry to these young girls/women!

Alene said...

And the battle gets fiercer everyday. However, we are Conquerorers through HIM! Christ already defeated the evil one. I don't like fighting, but girl you have a passion worth fighting for. Blessings.