Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WHAT IF YOU KNEW?

Ask yourself this question..."What if you knew you would be with Jesus today? What if you knew tonight you would not be sleeping at home...but in a few hours you would be falling into the arms of Christ?

My best friend's mom will probably be in heaven by tonight. It's an eery thought for our human minds to comprehend. She has been sick for sometime and symptoms show that today could possibly be her last day on earth. As I type this...it almost seems unreal. She is ready. She knows the Lord and she knows that once she takes her last breath...her real life begins. To think that heaven is preparing to accept her possibly today is a little unsettling but also exciting.

What would I do if I knew today was my last day? I don't know if we can accurately answer that. We can speculate and guess...but what would we really do.

I guess we should always live like it's our last day. Say what needs to be said. Reach out to those who need help. Give like it's not our's to give and love like we aren't afraid of getting hurt.

Pray for the Horvath family and tonight when you go to bed...think of Helen...she'll be with Jesus.


****UPDATE

At 9:30 am this morning Helen went home to be with Jesus.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Bless her heart... and lucky lady to be with Jesus! I know that thinking of my Mom up there with Him, whole and happy brings such peach to me, even 5 years after saying good-bye to her.

It's a great topic to really ponder - how would we live our life differently today? I need to sit and really think about that!

Praying for your friends!