Friday, June 12, 2009

TO THE CORE OF MY BEING

The other day I was watching (not participating) a work out video on television. There was a word that the trainer kept using "core". She kept saying "strengthen your core" "tighten your core" "work on your core." What's with the core? I just want tighter legs and arms...as a matter of fact...what is my core? I learned the core is the center part of our body and really needs to be the strongest part of our body. It carries and supports everything. It made me wonder about the "core" of my spritual walk. First of all...what is it...how do I make it stronger? My spiritual core is my faith. If it's not strong...forget about the rest. It needs to support so many areas of my life. How do I exercise my spiritual core? That's what I am pondering now. I know the obvious ways are prayer, studying, fellowship, worship, etc. How strong is your core? Are you watching or participating?

3 comments:

Sue said...

That is a fabulous co-relation! Love it! I know that my spiritual core for the most part is pretty strong but there is always room to improve it's strength.

That was a brilliant post!

Karen Hossink said...

I work out with a trainer three days a week, and often hear those words.
"Use your core."
"Now we're going to work on your core."
"This one will be good for your core."
Yep. I know that of which you speak!
And I fully agree with you - how much more important it is for our spiriutal core to be strengthened.

Alene said...

Great post girl! I'm better at participating at the core in all aspects of my life except the physical exercise. All of the core if important! Hope you are doing well.