Wednesday, June 24, 2009

OH THOSE TEENAGERS!!

This morning my dog ran out the door to chase his little female friend that walks the same time every morning. As I ran out the door with no shoes I noticed that someone had t.p.'d our home. At first I was touched that someone took the time to show their love for us. I remembered my days of youth ministry and knew that you only t.p.'d the homes of the ones you love. Then suddenly my joy turned to anger when I saw egg, toilet paper, red candy, syrup, mulch and yes...my favorite..yellow sticky notes plastered everywhere.

So how do I know it was a teenager? I know because I had to ask my teen to explain some of the words that were written on my car. She had to explain to me their meaning. So here is my advice to the one who chose to deface our property. If you really wanted to offend the adults in the house....splurge and buy the larger bottle of syrup. We need for you to completely spell the words...no abbeviations. Also...next time...use larger letters. Thanks for the additional toilet paper. With the state of the economy all donations are appreciated. Also...we like our eggs scrambled...not in our tail pipes. Next time...please bring over a little more mulch. We were about to order a truck load and you could really help us save money.

If by chance we meet and you have to fulfill some kind of community service...I have a few ideas in mind. I think the two of us would have a great day serving together while you listen to me tell you every story about my childhood, my lectures on teenagers and most importantly....you will about the term grace. I will explain to you what it means and about the One who gives that to everyone...yes...even teens who are creative and energetic.

3 comments:

Sue said...

What a great perspective on this unfortunate incident. I don't understand why people do these things in the first place. I never got what makes doing something destructive to another person's property fun. Never got practical jokes either so I guess that explains something.

I feel for you having to clean up all that mess :-(

Kelly said...

Oh Joy,
You seem so kind in telling the accounts of your discovery this morning!
Hopefully the parents of the teen are readers of your blog and will see Christ in your words.

Hope the gulity are found!

Tracy said...

Appreciate your humor. (And am feeling relieved that we've only every been TP'd with toilet paper, no extras!