Thursday, October 01, 2009

THE FERRY RIDE

Oh what a month! I have had the honor of traveling for the last four weekends to speaking events and other activities associated with Speaking Thru Me. I am exhausted...but a good exhaustion. I feel so blessed that I have a family that supports me in ministry! My wonderful husband has had to be the mom and dad for the past 4 weekends. Numerous carpools, pre-cooked meals and a little drama here and there. This will be my last weekend away for awhile. I am excited to join 45 other women at a retreat in Hiram, Ohio.

My travels have given me some great blogging devotional material and what I had hoped to be some video vlogs. Soon to come..maybe.

Devotion #1 - The Ferry Ride

What a blast I had traveling with three other STMM members from Nashville to Illinois recently. It is amazing how quick a three hour trip can become when you are laughing, chatting and taking in many unique views. (details in another post)

We suddenly turned in to "tourists" when we saw a sign that said "ferry ahead." It must be some mistake. Who uses ferries these days? Haven't we evolved as a society? What happened to building a bridge? No mistake...we soon found ourselves boarding a ferry. Cameras came out...windows rolled down and we began to document our ferry experience. We were soon driving off the ferry and back onto the highway.

I wonder how far away a bridge may have been? Should we have tried to find one instead? We would have gone way off our path in order to have found a bridge.

Christ reminds us in John that He is "the way, the truth and the life"...and that "He is the ONLY way to the father." Many of us try to find other ways to the Father. We go way off the path that He has ordained for us. Why? We think the other ways are better. For the four of us...the ferry was our only way...for the four of us...He is always the only way!

Go make a memory today,

Joy

No comments: