Wednesday, October 21, 2009

LOVE IT WHEN GOD CALLS MY NAME

About a month ago I had a chance to spend time with two wonderful ladies at a retreat. Angie and Jen are friends and amazing worship leaders. They were sharing with me how their lives had been "simplified" and how freeing that had become.

God began to remind me that this is what is needed in all areas of our lives. That really all that we need is Him...Simply Him. I then had an idea for a women's event.
Not a retreat....but an experience. A night away from everyday responsibilities. A weekend to experience Jesus in an intimate way.

The best way for me to describe this is "women's retreat unplugged."

Why not make this all about Him. No committees, no icebreakers, no gift bags, no giveaways...just Jesus.

No breakout sessions, no pre-made journals, no plannned activities...just Him.

I love all of the stuff mentioned above...don't get me wrong. I am just craving an organic, deep time with just other women, and Jesus.

IT"S HAPPENING!!!!

January 8th and 9th Hope Community Church's Women's Ministry presents:

SIMPLY JESUS!!!!

Carlisle Inn, Sugarcreek, Ohio


JOIN US!!!!

All you need is you, toothbrush and your bible.

Can't wait!!

No comments: