Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Safety or Risk...it's a choice!

As I sit here and watch President Obama honor the victims of the shooting,many thoughts go through my mind. I am sad for the fallen and the parents of the young girl who died. I am hopeful for the injured as they make strides in their recovery. I am amazed by the gentleman who tackled the gun man before he could reload. I ask myself...what would I have done? Would I have been bold or selfless enough to take down a gunman...or would I have ran and found a safe place? Would I have thought of myself...forsaking the needs of others? Would I have chosen safety or risk? Each day we make the same choices. Do we stay in our safe and comfortable life...or do we take risks? I vote for risk-taking! I vote for inconveniencing ourselves for others. I vote for living like there's no tomorrow...dancing like no one is watching...and loving like I'll never get hurt. I vote for reaching out like we will never be rejected...for serving like we will never tire and worshipping like it truly matters!

No comments: