Saturday, January 08, 2011

WHERE TO BEGIN

I know that I have titled several blog posts with that title...but truly...where do I begin.

The last few months have been a series of losts and gains. The biggest lost, of course, was my father. After courageously battling a chronic illness, Jesus called him home on December 6th. An average monday turned into a good-bye. What was suppose to be a day of taking him to rehab, turned into a day of making funeral arrangements. To say that the Lord walked beside us is an UNDERSTATEMENT! He carried us through what could have been a dark and lonely time and turned it into a time of renewal and celebration.

There was something very sacred about sitting at his bedside and awaiting his journey into glory. It was sad...but sacred. Dad did not struggle or gasp...he took his last breath and then fell into the arms of Jesus.

His funeral was truly a celebration of his life. I had the honor of performing the eulogy and it was my pleasure. It was my pleasure to share stories but more importantly...to share the Gospel and the goodness of Christ. Christ was honored at my dad's funeral!

My dad was a very creative man and I am blessed to have his desire to write and speak. My dad was a dreamer...and so am I. Many times I have tried to re-invent myself and attempt things on my own...but 2011 is different.

I have a dream...and I now have a plan. I have a dream...and I now have accountability. I have a dream...and I know it is from HIM. I am so excited to be part of an amazing group of fellow dreamers. I am thrilled to be part of DREAM YEAR.Not sure what the year will bring...but I do know that I am officially taking the first step of faith. DREAM YEAR comes with a cost. It will cost me time in my office writing, it will probably cost me tears of rejection and frustration. It will cost me financially...but I am taking the next step.

When I received the acceptance to DREAM YEAR...by human mind immediately went to the costs. Worry began to replace excitement. Doubt replaced confidence. Yesterday...God showed me His direction in a very unique and creative way...that only He can do. God affirmed this calling...I am following.

No comments: