Monday, November 20, 2006

IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS

That can mean alot of things. Time to shop, decorate, bake cookies. For my family it means one more thing...time for the annual homemade Christmas gift. Yes, for the past 7 years, I have made my children (yes made) make a homemade gift for their grandparents. Every year when I bring up the idea, I am reminded of all the homemade gifts of Christmas past. There was the placemat purse, the pillow case angel, the reindeer ornament, the snowman made out of popsicle sticks. Oh who could forget the fleece blankets and scarves and our all time favorite fleece mittens. I am sure there are others that we have blocked out of our memory. So I open to suggestions. I am looking for something quick, simple and cheap. I need to have money left over to buy another gift after we mess up the homemade one and have to shop for the replacement. This weekend, the sewing maching will be threaded, the glue gun warmed up and the scissors sharpened. Yes...this is the weekend of the homemade gift.

No comments: