Saturday, November 04, 2006

WOW

I wasn't sure what to call this post...all I could think of is WOW!! That is how I felt after leaving Bethel College this week.

I had an opportunity to speak at their mid-week chapel. I brought along 2 friends and the fun began as soon as we left my driveway. It is amazing how quick a 4 hour trip can be when you are talking and laughing the whole way. Bethel provided a cozy trailer for us to use and it was great having Ashley stay with us as well.


Wednesday morning came and it was an exciting day. The message is actually on their website if you would like to listen. I haven't listened to my talk. To me...it is sort of watching yourself on video. I hate how my accent seems to dominate anything that I say.

The worship was wonderful and my talk began with a wonderful introduction from Ashley. I am so proud of the way she carries herself and she has turned into such a wonderful young lady who loves the Lord.

We later had lunch at the dining hall and I loved the conversations we had with students.

My favorite part of the weekend happened at dinner. We went to a wonderful little restaurant with 4 other students. One girl and 3 boys. They allowed me to pick their brains so I could get an idea of how students at a Christian college think. I asked them if they thought there was only "one" person for them. I also asked them if they could make a list of what they wanted in their future spouse...what would they have on their list. No one mentioned looks. Their list contained character qualities that align with scripture and I was blown away. One statement that stuck with me was when one boy said "I want a wife that when I am around her and when I spend time with her...I love God more." WOW WOW

I rewarded them with a wonderful dessert. I left that dinner encouraged that God is building up leaders for the next generation.

Our "Girls only seminar" began at 9:00pm. We were suppose to send at 9:50 pm. We left at 11:30 pm. Girls began to ask questions and I was blown away by the stuggles that they are experiencing. It was wonderful time. It was exactly what I prayed for. I didn't want the seminar to be what I had to say...I wanted to hear what they had to say.

One girl came up to me after the seminar and just shared how the Lord is working in her life and what he is calling her to do. She feels called to speaking someday and is not sure where to begin. I invited her to accompany me to some speaking engagements. I pray that maybe she will become a "Timothy" in my life.

God is SO GOOD. He is so FAITHFUL.

No comments: