Wednesday, November 15, 2006

ONE STEP AT A TIME

I am off today so I decided to try something new. I decided to have my time in the Bible today with David Jeremiah. He is on the radio at 8:30 am so I grabbed my Bible, a muffin and a cup of coffee. We studied John chapter 17. Pastor Jeremiah talked about how Jesus was focused on what God was calling him to do. He challenged listeners to find out what God was calling them to do and let nothing get in the way of that purpose. Pastor Jeremiah began his career as a DJ on the radio but later realized that God was calling him to be a pastor and a teacher.

I decided today that I needed to take some baby steps and follow what God is calling me to do in the areas of speaking and writing. So far...I have sent an email to someone regarding speaking and I am offically sending my children's book to Nancy Leigh Demoss's publisher today. I had email her in FEBRUARY and she agreed to read my book. I have wasted 9 months. So...pray for me...I am sending it today. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Angie Marino Smith said...

Joy, I am soooo proud of you!!! Baby steps...good advice...maybe I should listen to that advice too...