Wednesday, December 19, 2007

SLOWING DOWN

So I was forced yesterday to toss the to do list, forget about all that needed to be done and rest. I wish I could say it was because of my sincere realization that I was getting caught up in the busyness of Christmas and losing the true meaning but I can't. As I was leaving to take Ally to the bus stop I fell on the ice and severely sprained my ankle. It suddenly swelled up the size of an orange...okay maybe a tangerine. I was determined not to let this stop me so I continued with my busy plans. This led to an E.R. visit, a small cast and crutches and yes...some pain medication that I am a little afraid to take.

Why didn't I just listen and rest? The crutches hurt worse than the sprain. So I am now depending on my family to pick up the slack and finish the list. Or maybe we should just chuck this list and rest.

1 comment:

Buppa and Gooma said...

Sorry to read about your injury. Hope you are a quick healer. Kids don't do well wothour an active mom, Marilyn always used to say.

Call if you need our help.

Don't pop to many pain pills like House!