Friday, March 14, 2008

LITTLE ROCK THREE

My son's band has their first real "gig" today. The school he attends is having a 6th grade dance from 3-5. Their band is called "Little Rock 3". A very enthusiastic boy stepped up and volunteered to be the band's manager. He wrote letters to the administrative and secured the "gig" for the band. I love his creativity and spunk. The band met with the principal twice and reviewed expectations. I am so excited that the administrative is encouraging the boys and their endeavor. The band will be excused from class early so they can "set-up". They will be playing three songs. One song is original and was written by a member. I am so proud of Austin. We bought a new outfit for the big day.

I am also proud of Austin for another reason. All this week 6th graders are "pairing up" for the big day. If you know me well you know my passion for teaching children at a young age the importance of making wise decisions when it comes to relationships. I had a talk with him about this and how fragile girl's hearts are at this age. I told him that he was not allowed to even give a girl the appearance that he was going to be someone's date. I know I can't be with him at the event...I am just trusting that he will obey and take heart what I said. Even though I'm not watching...I told him God is. (I also know the chaperones...ha ha)

No comments: