Saturday, March 29, 2008

OUT OF THE DESERT


After experiencing a major disapointment last week...I decided that my pity party had to end. Why? There is work that needs to be done. Besides I was gaining weight from all the comfort food. I thought about writing a cookbook called "desserts for the deserts". After a brief getaway to West Virginia, I realized that if I stay in the "desert" too long...work goes unfinished. When I say work I mean God's work.



I am speaking at a retreat for young girls next weekend and I had a chance to meet with the youth leader. She is an amazing woman and her heart truly aches for her girls. They are going through what many teens are going through today. Struggling with self image, acceptance, self-esteem, relationships etc. I am excited about the event and I needed to leave my desert in order to prepare. I neeeded that motivation.



I also experienced what it truly means to pray for one another and lift each other in prayer. I am in the process of applying to join a speaking team. The ministry is called Speaking Thru Me.
I posted a prayer request on their site and I was blessed. It was awesome to log on to their site and see a beautiful prayer that was sent on my behalf to our Lord. It made me feel like I'm not alone in this endeavor. I truly have people who are interceding on my behalf.

I know that there will be other "desert" times in my walk. I also know that it can be a time of refinement and reflection. If you find yourself in a desert today find a way out. Better yet...go to the one who can lead you out. Depend on others. Be vulnerable and share your pain with those who will pray for you.

No comments: