Thursday, April 24, 2008

GREAT WEEK OF GREAT TEACHING

My prayer this week has been that God give me this strong desire for emersing myself in His word. God is so creative!!! I have been exposed to 4 days of great teaching.

One of the advantages of subbing in 2 Christian schools is the opportunity to be part of staff devotions and chapels.

Monday/Tuesday - Staff devotions consisted of two great sessions on prayer. This question was asked of us "If we truly understand spiritual warfare how would it effect the way we pray?" I never truly asked myself that. The example of Daniel was used. Daniel prayed to God and it took 3 weeks for the answer. Why? Could it have been the battle that was taking place...hmm.

Wednesday - I heard a wonderful chapel presentation on heaven. It was truly an
"Oh yeah" moment. He gave a wonderful visual of how our life now compares to our eternal life in heaven. We are not to hold on to this life so tight...it is so temporary. Our life now compared to our eternal life is like pouring a cup of coffee into the ocean. Our life on earth is the coffee and the ocean is eternity. It made me realize eternity is so hard to grasp. Eternity in heaven will be great but there is also eternity in hell. We should be so zealous to reach the lost.

Wednesday night - I attended a women's Bible study. I almost didn't go. I thought about staying home and cleaning. What...that is crazy...the dirt can wait. We studied Deborah. I love learning about women in the Bible...especially Old Testament Women. She was a strong leader.

Thursay - I attended a chapel service based on Isaiah 55. Another great teaching. The speaker called it "The Great Invitatin."

I can hardly wait to see what I learn tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the post. I have a lot of dirt waiting for me too.