Sunday, April 13, 2008

POST 150 - Girl's Conference







Yes...this is post #150 on my blog.












I want to share about the girl's conference that I spoke at last weekend. It was amazing. My mom and I were driving to the conference (at 7:00 am in the morning) and we were concerned about the weather report. They were reporting high water in the direction of the conference. I joked to my mom that we would be there "come Hell of high water." Well the high water never came but it seemed like Satan was trying to stop us. On the way I realized that I left my computer and media. So I had to have Wally come and meet my and bring it to me. My mom lost her debit card when we stopped to get gas. (we found it). We were almost to the event and had to be detoured "around the mountain". This delayed our arrival but we finally made it.








It was a great morning. The attendance was low but the girl's were amazing and so honest. We talked alot about the pressures that they face today and intertwined the story of Esther and Queen Vashti. I often feel that Queen Vashti is overlooked when people speak on Esther. Queen Vashti modeled a woman of high morals when she said no to the King. She represents the sacriice that we have to make sometimes when we say "no" to the world.








We had a panel discussion with the girls. Pray for them. Many of them are going through trials and pressures that many of us have faced before. I had a chance to speak to the moms and women of the church. This was so much fun! They were also very honest and blessed me in many ways. I am so thankful that this church has agreed to stand in the gap for the girls. They truly represent what God has called women to be in His Word. I loved the weekend. It was great to "come home to West Virginia." It was the first time that I had ever spoke in my home state. We are already talking about next year.








1 comment:

Andrea said...

I never thought of queen vashti in that way. Sounds like a great conference. Come by sometime! Thanks!.