Tuesday, April 29, 2008

LETTER TO ME

Brad Paisley has a song I believe is called "Letter to Me." It's about a letter that he would write now to himself at seventeen if it were possible. In other words...what do I wish I knew at seventeen that I know now. I was thinking back to when I was seventeen and wondering what I wish I could tell that teenage girl. Here are some thoughts...some humorous...some not.

1) Your jeans are too tight and your hair is too high.
2) Never spend more time picking out your outfit then you do picking your friends
3) Embrace every moment with your grandmother...she won't live forever like you believe
4) relationships with boys and girls are not disposable
5) Your mom knows more then you think she does
6) going to an all girl's college won't be easy...and your freshman year homecoming date is going to do something really embarassing at the dance.
7) don't live your life one way on sunday and another way during the week
8) you will have a wonderful husband and 4 great children someday
9) being a Christ follower is better than following any group or anyone else
10) work a little harder in English


What would you like to write to yourself at seventeen?

No comments: