Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS

We have returned from the windy city and are awaiting the arrival of more family. This will be the first Christmas that both families are celebrating together. Wally's mom came back with us and my parents and sisters are on their way as I type. I am so excited!!!The presents are wrapped, the stockings are hung and it's going to be a blessed holiday.

The other day I went to help our church youth group wrap presents at the mall. As I got out of my car I looked down and saw a piece of paper frozen in the snow.

I tried to pick it up but it would not budge. It was someone's Christmas list. Actually is was someone named Greg's Christmas list.






I read the list and it said the following:

(I actually had my camera with me so I immediately thought...blog entry)

Ipod cover
jeans

and a few other things

So why was the list on the ground.

Did a frustrated shopper give up and toss it out the window?

Was it dropped my a stressed out shopper?

Who knows. When I saw the list two things came to my mind:

1) I hope Greg gets everything on his list
2) Has Greg received the most important gift of Christmas? Does he know the reason for the season?


I hope Greg gets an ipod cover...I hope he gets jeans...but most of all...I hope he has Jesus.

Merry Christmas

No comments: