Saturday, December 27, 2008

HOW WAS YOUR CHRISTMAS

That question will be asked alot in the coming days. How will you answer? I will answer "blessed". We truly had a blessed christmas this year. It wasn't stressful...it was blissful. I think I truly felt the Christmas spirit this year. It wasn't about the malls or the to do lists...it was about people. It was so great have alot of family in town for Christmas. Here were our highlights:

- Christmas eve service with two rows of family in attendance
- fun dollar store gift exchange on christmas eve
- the annual opening of the christmas pjs for the kids
- Christmas day brunch
- opening gifts one at a time
- christmas day prime rib and ham dinner
- homemade gift tradition.

This year we made heirloom ornaments as our homemade gift for family. The ornament included a special picture of a loved one who is no longer with us. They turned out great. I am so proud of the girls for working so hard on them. I also included a letter with a few of my gifts to my mom, mom-in-law, daughter and sisters. We can tell them how much we love them but a letter will last forever and can be read over and over.

Dad and wally's mom received handmade fleece blankets. They both loved them very much. I bought my mom and sisters a necklace with a star fish charm. The starfish reminded me of our annual beach trip. The place where we stay uses the starfish as its logo. The beach trip is a special time each year and it could not be possible without them.

Allison has taken a real interest in sewing so she received a dress form and lots of project runway supplies. It was fun seeing her sewing with wally's mom last night.

I gave my dear friend sandi an encouragement box. I saw the idea on Oprah. It is a small box with a letter inside telling her how much her friendship means to me. Her birthday is soon...so another letter will go in her box.

For those of you who live in the area...you may notice a special necklace that I am wearing. It is a simple puzzle piece on a piece of leather. I made one for myself, Ashley, my mom and sisters. Why? Difficult times have come into each one of our lives. Sometimes it is so hard to understand why? We only see the small picture while God sees the Big picture. It seems at times like a "puzzle" with a piece missing. We need to be reminded that He holds the pieces...even the one that we think is missing.

Tonight we will be visiting with more friends and a great moment will take place tomorrow...Alex and my sister will be baptized. Then we are off to West Virginia.

Yep...it was a blessed Christmas. Hope your's was too.

No comments: