Sunday, September 07, 2008

HE SAID NO...AND THAT WAS FINE WITH ME

I love speaking to women's groups and I just generally enjoy being around groups of women. A few weeks ago our church began to promote an upcoming women's mentoring ministry. I was ready to sign up. This is something I enjoy so why not. Then a little voice inside said "you need to pray about this." I listened. I hate to wait on anything...but I felt compelled to wait. Each week I would pass by the sign up table and I had to remind myself...wait. I began to realize that mentoring is a commitment and should be seen as that. I began to feel a real peace that this was not the time for me to do this...and you know what...I was okay with that.

I hope this means that I am maturing spiritually. I am realizing that sometimes you have to say no to even the "good" things. I know that he is protecting me from something and hopefully preparing me for something else.

Today in the service some great ideas came to mind based on the sermon. Details will come later...as I pray about this...and listen...and follow...even if the answer is NO.

No comments: