Wednesday, September 24, 2008

PERSONAL REVIVAL

I grew up in a time when the word "revival" was used alot in the church. Our church would schedule revivals that would last for usually a week. The word revival has taken on a new meeting for me. It isn't something that can usually be scheduled...it just happens.

I have sensed a personal revival lately. Things that use to bother me or upset me don't. Things that use to have a lot of meaning in my life...don't. Things that use to not have top priority in my life...do.

It is almost scary to type this post because I know I will be tested.

The biggest area I see change in is in material things. I have been selling things on the internet lately. Things that I use to hold on to very tightly. Things that had sentimental value...things that had monetary value. I recently took a huge load of shoes and clothes to a resell shop. Clothes that still fit, but were never worn.

I realized that a purse really is just a purse.

A basket really is just a basket.

Today I am going to sell something that once held a special place in my home and was once a "must have."

I am hoping to use the money to pay off some bills.

Tonight we are going to go hear some missionaries speak. They are a great example of people who gave up everything to go and serve. A lighter load really is better.

No comments: