Monday, September 01, 2008

LABOR DAY REWIND



As I sit here having coffee with my family, recapping the reunion, watching GUSTAV coverage, I realized that I am exhausted! It's a good tired!!!! What a weekend!

After watching Ally cheer saturday morning, we hit the road and headed south to West Virginia. After a great dinner at my sister's house we headed to the auction.

The auction can be hit or miss. Sometimes the items are unappealing and sometimes there are so many bargains...you can't resist. I am so glad that the latter was true on saturday. My mom purchased a beautiful quilt, cookware and a really neat item that seals plastic bags.(I bought one too) I bought a patio umbrella with built in solar lights for $20. I also bought a double hammock that is freestanding.
The items came from QVC and would cost 5 times more on air.

Sunday morning we worshipped at my cousin's church where Todd sang and played piano. It is a beautiful church with a small group of committed people. Then...it was off to the reunion!!!

We had a blast. 51 people came and it was great reconnecting with family. The best part of the reunion (in my opinion was our worship service). Before it began I prayed that the Gospel would be clearly presented somehow. God exceeded in a mighty way. The Gospel was CLEARLY presented not once, not twice, not three times...but 4 TIMES!!!!!

enjoy the pics

No comments: