Tuesday, November 11, 2008

STICKS CONFERENCE

Today I am at the Sticks Conference. There are some great speakers here and I thought about blogging about some of the great things I heard from the keynote speaker Mark Batterson. Then...I went down to the prayer room and I heard from the best speaker of all...God.

Here is what He said

"Don't just pray when all else fails...pray before, during and after it fails"

There are some people very close to me who are struggling with some big issues. Know that I am praying for you!!! Know that God loves you more than anyone. Know that He never moves...He is always there to catch us when we fall, to put us back on our feet or to carry us through.

I do want to share one thing that Mark shared. Sometimes we focus too much on the small perspective. When we are going through hard times...we focus on the small and not how it fits into the big picture. It may seem BIG now...but it really is just a small piece of a larger picture.

Mark also said that we are always praying that people will come to church. We need to stop praying for the "coming" and be part of the "going." We need to be the ones who GO and bring them.

I enjoyed his talk and even gave him a personal prayer request.

No comments: