Tuesday, January 20, 2009

MY PRAYER FOR TODAY

Unless you live under a rock or in a cave you cannot ignore all the excitement surrounding the inauguration. Last night I was watching the news and I kept hearing the words "hope" and "change". I heard the words "passion" and "excitement". I closed my eyes for a minute and visualized that they were describing Jesus and not Obama. I agree that it is time for a change, it is time for our country to feel hopeful, we need to follow a leader with passion and we need to feel excited about our future...but...this cannot come from a man...this has to come from God. We are the vessel that God uses to preach "hope" to demonstrate "passion" to provoke "change" and to have a contagious "excitement." He is God...He is the one that deserves our worship and our praise...He is the one that can truly heal our world.

My prayer for today is "God...work through your people. Let them see the things in this world that are temporal and remind us of what is eternal."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I did live under a rock or cave.....no, no then I would miss reading your blog! What wonderful words for all of us to hold on to these 4 years, I truly hope we can see a postitive change for America! Thanks for your words of encouragment, but it would have been better if Jesus got elected president!

Karen Hossink said...

Amen.