Friday, May 19, 2006

RAISING CHILDREN ON OUR KNEES

Today I was talking to a mom about raising daughters. She told me that her 5th grade daughter is being taught "sex ed" in school. Her daughter was in one of my purity seminars. I thought it was interesting that her daughter told her mom that school health classes can make you become curious about sex and she was glad that she had heard the "truth" about God's reason for sex.

We talked in depth of how we need to be constantly praying for our children. I confided to her that sometimes in the busyness of my day...I often forget to pray for my children. I am a visual person and maybe I need a visual that reminds me to pray for my children...so here is my idea.

I am either going to make a bracelet or buy a bracelet with a heart charm. I will wear this bracelet as a constant reminder to pray for my children. To pray that they will guard their heart against the world and that they will give their heart first to God and then to that "special someone" someday.

Wouldn't it be cool if one day...I could hand this charm over to their "special someone".

I dream big dreams...but I also serve a big God.

No comments: