Monday, July 17, 2006

BACK FROM VACATION

We have returned from our beach vacation!!!For the first time in many years, I wasn't ready to return. I enjoyed the slower pace, the time with family and the beauty of the beach. I wasn't annoyed by the sand or the messiness of the ocean. It was a breathtaking view from our deck each morning!!!

I will post some pictures later.

I am happy to say that I was able to continue my 5K training at the beach. My personal trainer (Ashley) ran with me each night. I liked running with a running watch so I knew just exactly how much more was left on my run. Last night, Ashley was wearing her watch...so I ran with my cooking timer in my pocket. It worked. I don't know if that sounds really sad or resourceful. When the beeper went off...the only thing overheating was me.

1 comment:

Angie Marino Smith said...

Great job Joy!!! Keep up the good work! Soon your body will ache all over but it is a GOOD ache...an ache that says"yeah, I'm a runner now, and I feel great!"(and I look good too)