Wednesday, July 19, 2006

WET AND WACKY

Today was our annual trip to Beaulah Beach for Wet and Wacky. 850 children attended this event which consists of a yuck slide, swimming, climbing wall, etc. The highlight of the day was the closing ceremony. I have never heard the Gospel presented so clearly in my life. The speaker was able to share the Gospel, to children, in a way that they could completely understand. It wasn't one of these...Jesus died, rose again...now say a prayer. When he gave the altar call, at least 50 children came forward. So many children came, that I had to interrupt the speaker and have him announce we needed more counselors. The neat thing is when I spoke to each child, they could completely explain to me the decision they were making and why. It was an incredible experience.

It was also good for me to see what true ministry is. It's not always about being on a staff...it's just loving people...where ever you are. It's about making yourself available for God to use.

No comments: