Saturday, July 08, 2006

IT'S TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK!

I don't mean a job. I'm not ready to go back to a structured work environment. I'm ready to get back to business...the Father's business.

I realized that since May, my spiritual walk has been lousy. I have stopped having regular quiet times, I started to feel bitter about how I was treated at my job and I was starting to really miss my grandmother. I was reading something...I can't even remembe what...but somehow it reminded me that there is alot of work to be done.

I need to put everything behind me, forgive, and move on. I know that it will be awhile before I am over the lost of my grandmother...but I need to remind myself of where she is and how happy she is.

We are leaving in one hour to go to the beach. I packed my Bible, my journal and I can' wait to hear what the Lord says to me when I escape the everyday distractions and spend time alone with him.

I want to sit on the sand and marvel over his creation. I want to "be still" and be reminded that He is God. I have some ideas that I want to implement into my speaking and I want God to affirm this or redirect if needed this week.

I am ready to roll up my sleaves and put the worldly things behind me and move on.

I overheard someone say the other day that the Lord gives each one of us gifts and when we are not using them...something is going undone.

I will try to blog while I am away.

1 comment:

Angie Marino Smith said...

go enjoy your family & time with God-we need more "planned" one on one time with him like that!!!